Favorite movies can tell you quite a lot about a person, not only about personal tastes, but also about world-views, philosophies of lives, and so on. So, here is a list of my 10 favorite movies.
These movies all have different meanings to me: some are childhood classics, some changed my view of cinema as an art form, some are just a ton of fun, and some are incredibly moving. There might be some changes in the future, who knows, but right now this is a fairly definitive list.
1) Django Unchained (2012), by Quentin Tarantino
2) In Bruges (2008), by Martin McDonagh
3) Hot Fuzz (2007), by Edgar Wright
4) Pan’s Labyrinth (2006), by Guillermo del Toro
5) Blue Velvet (1986), by David Lynch
6) The Godfather (1972)
7) Read Window (1954)
8) Casablanca (1942)
9) The Thing (1982)
10) Before Sunrise (1995)